My Calendar for Mississippi and The Bones of Winter Birds
February 23-26, 2020: Birmingham Consortium for Higher Education (BACHE): Ann Fisher-Wirth and Maude Schuyler Clay, presentations from Mississippi:
- Monday, February 24th: University of Montevallo 3:30 p.m. and Samford University at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 25th: Birmingham-Southern College at 11 a.m. and UAB Master Class at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 26th: Miles College at 10 a.m. and University of Alabama at Birmingham at 3 p.m.
Associated Writing Programs:
- Thursday, March 5, 10 a.m.: signing copies of the new edition of The Ecopoetry Anthology at the Trinity University Press booth
- Thursday, March 5, 12:10 p.m.: Land, Language, Survival: Women Eco-Writers. With Petra Kuppers, Margaret Noodin, Pam Uschuk, D. J. Lee. Room 217 C, Henry B. González Convention Center.
- Thursday, March 5, time TBA. Offsite reading for Black Earth Institute.
- Saturday, March 7, 3:20 p.m.: Poetry and Science: Writing Our Way to Discovery. With Lucille Lang Day, Alison Hawthorne Deming, Allison Adele Hedge Coke, Elizabeth Bradfield. Room 217 C, Henry B. González Convention Center.
Oxford Conference for the Book:
- Wednesday, April 1, 1 p.m.: Chairing the eco-panel: A reading by Lilace Mellin Guignard, When Everything Beyond the Walls Is Wild, and Laura-Gray Street, co-editor of A Literary Field Guide to Southern Appalachia. Overby Auditorium, University of Mississippi.
Southern Literary Festival:
- Thursday, April 16, time TBA: reading with C. T. Salazar and Sharon Gerald. Delta State University, Columbus, MS.
- Friday, April 17, time TBA: poetry workshop.
Jackson State University:
- July 2020, dates TBA: exhibition of Mississippi, by Maude Schuyler Clay and Ann Fisher-Wirth: framed photographs and letterpress broadsides.
- Reading from Mississippi and workshop, TBA.
- November 7-10, 2019: Southern Nature Writers, Wormsloe and the Wormsloe Institute for Environmental History, Savannah, GA
- October 10-12, 2019: Eudora Welty Writers’ Symposium, Mississippi University for Women, Columbus, MS
- September 28, 2019: 100K Poets for Peace and Change readings and events, TBA, Oxford, MS. Co-coordinators Ann Fisher-Wirth and Nadia Alexis
- September 19, 2019: Opening of the exhibition Mississippi, poems by Ann Fisher-Wirth and photographs by Maude Schuyler Clay, at the Museum of the Mississippi Delta, Greenwood, MS. Exhibition on view until late October
- August 17, 2019: Mississippi Book Festival, Jackson, MS
- July 28, 2019: Oxford University United Methodist Church, 10 a.m., Oxford, MS
- June 26-29, 2019: Association for the Study of Literature and Environment Conference, UC Davis, Davis, CA
- May 11-18, 2019: Longleaf Writers Conference, Seaside, FL
- April 26, 2019: Turnrow Books, 5:30 p.m., 304 Howard St., Greenwood, MS
- April 11, 2019: Burke’s Books, 6 p.m., 936 Cooper St., Memphis, TN
- April 10, 2019: Southwest Tennessee Community College reading and workshop, 12:30 p.m., Memphis, TN
- April 4-6, 2019: Meacham Writers Workshops, Chattanooga State University and University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, TN
- March 29, 2019: AWP convention, Offsite reading, 3-5 p.m., Black Earth Institute and About Place, Ford Food and Drink, 2505 SE 11th Ave., Portland, OR
- March 29, 2019: AWP convention, Bookfair Signing 10 a.m., at the Cutthroat / Black Earth Institute table, Portland, OR
- March 28, 2019: AWP convention, Offsite reading: 6:30-8 p.m., Fire and Rain anthology, Black Hat Books, 2831 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Portland, OR
- March 27, 2019: AWP convention, Offsite reading: 7 p.m., Intimate Strangers, Broadway Books, 1714 NE Broadway, Portland, OR
- February 18, 2019: Launch reading at Square Books, Oxford, MS